Intern Project Manager Australia
We are on the hunt for a dynamic and dedicated intern to join our ever-expanding team at Port Cities, based in the thriving tech hub of Melbourne, Australia. This is your chance to get trained in the complex world of ERP implementation, and software development; working with customers in a range of varied industries. We operate across the Oceania region and mostly have English and French-speaking customers (in New Caledonia).
The internship's minimum duration is 6 months. You must be eligible for an appropriate work permit such as a work and holiday visa.
A leader in the ERP industry, Port Cities holds the distinction of being one of the largest Odoo partners worldwide. With a presence in 14 countries since our inception in 1997, we pride ourselves on optimizing our clients' operations through cutting-edge technology and strategic insights.
Under the banner of our brand M+ Software, we also provide bespoke mobile and front-end development, along with implementing innovative website solutions for businesses worldwide.
As our Intern Project Manager, you'll become an integral connection between our clients and our team. You'll work alongside one of our other project managers on all project-related aspects. This includes:
- Gathering and analyzing customer requirements.
- Proposing optimal solutions to client problems.
- Overseeing software architecture for the development of tailored software solutions.
- Managing implementation progress with our team of offshore developers.
- Maintaining key project parameters: scope, budget, schedule, and more.
- Ensuring rigorous testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting of all products at every stage of completion.
- Tracking project milestones, deliverables, and change requests.
- Maximizing project profitability.
- Offering functional assistance and training to clients.
- Potential travel to client's offices in the APAC Region.
- Currently undertaking studies for a degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent (Masters degree preferred)
- Exposure to Project Management.
- Knowledge of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- A customer and business-oriented mindset.
- Passion for IT and an eagerness to learn new skills.
- Autonomy, initiative, attention to detail.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
Nice to Have (but not a deal-breaker):
- Previous experience with Odoo.
- Relevant technical skills: software development, SQL, UML, etc.
- KPI-driven approach, focusing on customer satisfaction and project gross margin.
At Port Cities, our head office in Melbourne is just the beginning. We champion flexibility and are open to tailoring work arrangements to fit the right candidate. Come join us, and learn new skills in an exciting country.